Posted: October 1, 2020
Articles this month:
- Upgrade on Tap for 2100 M Street: Pre-Covid plan for expansion and renovation of existing office building goes before Board of Zoning Adjustment on October 4.
- Election Day Is Now Election Month: Ballots are to be mailed to all registered voters "first week in October," several choices for casting them. Record turnout expected.
- Advsory Neighborhood Commission 2A: Candidates will be on the ballot for only three of the eight seats. However, the West End will be represented. Seat-by-seat report.
- Listings for West End Dining, 2.0: Restaurants and bars are still in Phase Two of the Covid-19 reopening order, which is in effect until October 9. Status could change this month.
- Fairmont Hotel: Lobby bar and courtyard are now open. First impressions.
- Streets Market: Food shopping at 1225 22nd Street NW.
This was the first issue with listings. Articles included:
- Office Space Getting a Think-Over: Working in the Post-Pandemic Neighborhood
- Ballot Petition Challenge Filed in ANC-2A Election
- West End Restaurants and Retail Getting Support
- Restaurants and Carry-Out in the West End
- GWU Campus Staying Closed for Fall: Another Blow to Neighborhood Economy
- Election for West End Seats So Far Uncontested
- Rebecca Coder Park Improvements Underway
- Pinto Begins Term as Councilmember: Marks First Change for Ward 2 in 29 Years
- Chef Geoff Opens in West End
- Vacancies Ahead on Neighborhood Commission
- West End Business Reopening Set Back
- Kennedy Concedes to Pinto in DC Council Race
- Francis Field Landscape Plan Approved by CFA
This was titled The Francis Field Flyer. Articles included:
- Despite Distancing, Empty Field Struggles
- Voting by Mail is Crucial in Council Election
- Rebecca Coder Park Part of New Agreement